lunedì 9 gennaio 2017

XXXII - Showcase: Plaguebearers and Chaos Spawns



[O]utside the ordered universe [is] that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes. H. P. Lovecraft, The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath (from Wikipedia)
 



Hi!
This January is quite prolific: I've started painting Nurgle daemons on December to be honest, but I am finishing all of them in these weeks.
Starting Nurglings, Plaguebearers and Spawn together than finishing them separately helped a lot: having some units half (or less) already painted is a good kick to finish them, you have not to start from nothing, a.k.a. wave of grey sprue.

However I managed to finish those guys and I am quite proud of them.

Here you can find the step by step if interested.



They are not the first unit of Plaguebearers painted so I knew what to expect, and it is helpful.
I did some small conversion, the chief has a custom arm (I dare you to guess the fingers' owner) and a nurgling on his head: I like it because it seems it is aping the Glotkin, and this is quite Nuglish, a kind of disgusting joke with big smile.


I also removed the severed head and bells from the standard, because I like it very simple, and the musician had the champion sword, because it was worth to be used.


I really like the fact that they use a kind of flute, first because in battle it is quite useless I think, and also because it reminds me Azathoth of Lovecraft, so the starting citation.


And here the second line, that I really like a lot: the demented smiling daemons are simply amazing, above all if you paint them covered of blood, it is a kind of madness that make a miniature's soul.


Let's take a pics like The Beatles pals!


I really like those miniatures, and the think I love the most are faces and left arms: if you couple them well you can make really expressive miniatures, like the "OMG I AM VOMITING MAGGOTS ANOTHER TIME TODAY" one or the "I AAAAAAARGH YOU" boy, my favourite one (it appears in several pics, it is easy to spot).


Better use toilet paper sometimes...


Portrait of a Nurgle family.


Here the modified champion, soon I'll paint the Glottkin that inspired my for this mod.


The cracking paint is worth of be used in different way, not only on bases imho.


This is why I paint them in that way, look them really close you can find tiny nice details, and the fun thing is that they are random!


And here the guys with the nurglings!


As said in the title, also the spawns.
The Kromlech models are very nice to paint, the resin is very cool to paint and full of details.
After painting only GW models -with very few and old exceptions- I really find the sculpt different, neither worst nor best, just different.
Here we go, three friends!


After the drones, next work, I'll do an army shoot and then the mortals part of the Nurgle wave!

Iä! Shub-Niggurath!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento